Castle Wars Guide

Jambita

Server Administrator
Staff member

Reaction score
CREDIT TO CHUCHUZ

Hi everyone,
Okay, so with me and my friends recent endeavours we've come to the conclusion that people still need some basic hints on the fundamentals of Castle Wars. Also, lots of newer players have been asking a bunch of questions about Castle Wars, so it seemed easier to make a basic guide on the forums than it was so reply to each question individually.
This will seem like a kind of lengthy guide but that'll mostly just be pictures to accompany the text.
Defenders setups.
flF14uI.png

Alternatively, you can use Battle-mage with the same inventory setup except obviously replacing the range items with melee.
If you don't have Castle Wars hybrid armour that's obviously completely fine. There are other options.
If you're fairly new. You can pick up pretty decent defending gear like this for next to nothing. (The thing to take from this is mage is key, Bandos and a whip will get you nowhere).
I4ly1Pw.png

Always make sure you have a decent mage setup. Coming in with starter gear or no gear at all, then questioning why you lose is pretty silly.
This is useless. Nobody likes that guy. Don't be that guy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tanking/Flagging setups.
This is one of the more optimal tank setups, leaving room for explosives and bandages.
(Having a master wand and spectral to use until you get frozen is great too, but not really NEEDED).
wo5Dxzn.png

Obviously that setup can be quite expensive, but if you're a skilled enough flagger or just plain lucky you can tank in just about anything.
Dhide/kharils, Sol, Whatever shield. Just be quick :p
(It seems kinda troll, but i've witnessed people score in that kind of cheap gear :p )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that we've covered some of the setups for both tanking, and defending. Let's move onto some of the smaller mechanics of Castle Wars that could be used to your advantage.
Beginning of the game.
At the start of the game, you will load into your respective teams colour on their side of the map. There will be bandages, and two barriers that you can exit the spawn room via.
The most common barracading spot that is used when defending your Castle from enemy attackers can be found here. Setting up a parameter of 7-8 barricades (Leaving 2-3 for your flagger/tank to escape).
nLyoEI1.png

To either side of the path outside of the spawn room, there will be one ladder and one set of stairs. Both of these take you down to the Castle basement. This is where you can find all the equipment you will need to play. (Barricades, explosives, pickaxes, etc..)
bCdoqW9.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some smaller things to note.
- Each team can only use a total of 10 barricades, so don't spam them everywhere! (It's nice to leave 2-3 for your flagger/tank).
- Vine whip special attacks can disable divine shield effects, handy for defending!
- Using a tinderbox on a barricade destroys it, so does using an explosive found in the Castle basement.
- Explosives have a 1 tick timer on destroying barricades, so it is faster than using a tinderbox.
- About 25% of the time, a nulled flag can still be used to score if you drop it and pick it up again, or you drop it and have people from your team pick it up and try to score. The other 75% of the time, you're just fucked. Sad.
Some common misconceptions.
- Holding your owns teams flag IS AGAINST THE RULES. (I know some people are going to debate that with me, so I thought i'd post this here as a reference) .
oLWYw3p.png

- There is currently several of bugs in Castle Wars (Nulled flags, Saradomin barricade bug where it says you can't place any more, door nulling, client freezing when going up and down stairs occasionally). Having nulled flags IS NOT people hacking (The amount of times per day I need to say that..).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rewards.
Castle Wars is where you get all your hybrid armour, whether that be Battle-mage, Trickster, or Vanguard. Castle Wars is also how you aquire Profound armour, Halo's, and other miscellaneous items.
etGvZEW.png

Trickster, Battle-mage, Vanguard prices:
Helm - 70 tickets.
Body - 100 tickets.
Legs - 100 tickets.
Gloves - 40 tickets.
Boots - 40 tickets.
Profound prices:
Helm - 200 tickets.
Body - 200 tickets.
Legs - 200 tickets.
Shield - 200 tickets.
Profound decorative sword - 200 tickets.

LKQ21CM.png

Halo's - 300 tickets each.
Capes - 10 tickets.
Pets - 600 tickets.
HUNTER & DUNGEONEERING LAMPS - 1 Ticket (Sell for 12-15m)
Lamp for other skills - 3 tickets .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, there are some more advanced tactics that can be used in Castle Wars, but I'm not really willing to go into too much detail about those, they just come with experience. However, I feel this is a good starting guide for newer players who are interested in playing Castle Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:

X O's Bitch
Staff member

Reaction score
went ahead and gave credit to the original maker of this guide.

need cw games asap

Bronze Poster

Reaction score
Good old times, looking forward to start playing again! - Z 0 N

FKNSTRAYADBLPENETR8

Bronze Poster

Reaction score
cast ice barrage and if i want the flag dont die with sara brews okay thats easy thanks for the guide