Zooknocks Tunnel [ APE ATOLL DUNGEON ]

Tyler

Iron Poster

Reaction score
Bringing most of the details of this suggestion from the OSRS Wiki as I cannot explain it better in detail.

Would be a great add, for OG players who trained range / mage in the tunnels like I did
spending millions and millions doing so. Being the quickest way to level
experience for the 2 stats, would be a great cheat sheet for those who know.

Ape Atoll Dungeon

Ape Atoll Dungeon (also known as Zooknock's Tunnel) can be found in the southern jungle of Ape Atoll. It is infested with extremely strong monsters and traps. It is advised to have 43 Prayer when exploring this dungeon, in order to protect against the melee attacks from the monsters inside. If you are doing Monkey Madness I, then it is strongly recommended that you bring plenty of stamina or energy potions, super antipoison potions and lots of food. Completion of Monkey Madness II does not make the mobs non-aggressive.

Training

The dungeon has some use for training, as all of the monsters are aggressive regardless of level. There are many, many monsters that make this a desirable place to train using Ancient Magicks. A player who stands beneath one of the many rock ledges (providing protection from falling rocks) needs only to bring antipoison and prayer potions. Players can cast Ice Burst or Barrage on several level 142 Skeletons attacking at once. The player must be using Protect from Melee or they will die in a matter of seconds. Players also buy lots of red chinchompas to train Ranged as they hit multiple units at the same time. The Skeletons in this dungeon are especially good to train on as they respawn from their own bones. You can very quickly have at least a 2x3 grid of enemies next to you, which makes for very fast experience.

Monsters

------------------------------

Being that you do not have to complete the MM2 quest in order to passage through this tunnel
in forgotten paradise, figured a custom way of fulfilling this as "MM2" as if it
were an achievement for instance.

Example : Running from entrance to ending and back.. say 25 times without teleporting back.
Would take a while to do so, alot of running.. and clicking. Would be a unique add!!!

other examples or even a quest / achievement deal maybe.

^^^^^^^^^^ I enjoy the experience given here from the monsters you can kill in mass, to speed
the process of range / mage. :D

-------------------

Credits to
OSRS WIKI

Attachments

• Ape_Atoll_Dungeon_map.png
    Ape_Atoll_Dungeon_map.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 0

Triyni

Iron Poster

Reaction score
I like the idea of adding New area's or custom quests and stuff for that matter.

But i feel like adding MM2 dungeons like this will also give ppl alot of chance to afk train with chins or barrage. Which basicly is the only reason to add this.

Tyler

Iron Poster

Reaction score
I like the idea of adding New area's or custom quests and stuff for that matter.

But i feel like adding MM2 dungeons like this will also give ppl alot of chance to afk train with chins or barrage. Which basicly is the only reason to add this.
Its fair, except you cant go AFKKK because of the mass npc amount, you would die from the MELEE damage taken. Even if it were, it would only be 10 minutes worth of aggressions, and any chance of being gone to long you will DIE from running out of prayer points! Same as any other npc ingame, 10 minute aggressions. This tunnel is solely for players who are active, not afk for that reason. I died on osrs, and lost a few mill from being gone for maybe 30 seconds too long and was heated,. Never again did i make the same mistake.

Lets say you went afk, after the mass amount of npcs that are drawn too you after killing 2-4 a few times, they come back in doubles. Must leave melee protect on at all times, or else they'd kill you in maybe 10 seconds. THINK about it

Pixels

#XOX

Reaction score
I'm definitely up for adding new areas.
As for the quests, maybe starting by having the basic quests before thinking about anything custom.
Other then that I dont see the harm in adding this area!
+1 from me